Residential Garbage Service
- All City of McAllen Residents Are Provided With A Black Cart For Garbage.
- The City Also Offers A Blue Recycling Cart For Comingled Recyclable Collection.
- Participation In The Residential Recycling Program Will Require A Separate Recycling Application and Badge.
- Fee: $14.50/Month. Additional Bin $12.50/Month.
Call the Recycling Center at (956) 681-4050 for more details!
Drop Off Site
As an alternative to driving to the landfill and in efforts to reduce illegal dumping in McAllen, the City has a drop-off site available. This facility is located at 4101 N. Bentsen and its hours of operation are: MON – FRI: 8:00AM – 4:30PM & SAT 8:00AM – 12:00PM.
Residents are allowed to dispose of tires, metals, brush trimmings, old appliances, etc… Note: We are no longer accepting construction debris due to the weight and possibilities of hazardous materials.
Bring your water bill when disposing at this site. This service is offered for residential use only!
Call: 956-681-4050 for more information.
Do's & Dont's Of Collection
Pack It InThe Container Can Not Be Overflowing & Lids Must Be Kept Closed At All Times. No Waste Can Be Placed On Top Of Container.
Recyclables Only In BluePlease Only Put The Recyclables In The Blue Cart. No Excess Trash Should Be In Blue Cart. For a List Of Recyclable Items Click The Icon.
7AM / 7PMPlace Both Containers Out For Service On Your Pickup Day By 7AM & Retrieve After Service By 7PM
Bag & TiePlease Bag And Tie All Trash And Place It In The Black Cart.
Proper Placement Of Cans
Did You Know?
- Garbage Collection Needs Black Bins & Blue Bins 3 FEET Away From Each Other For An Easier Pick Up!
- Also make sure there are no obstructions around your bins like mailboxes, cars or any shrubs/bushes behind them. Each bin needs 3 feet of clearance all around it for pick up.
- Residential customers may not store their containers in the front yard or in the alley where such service is provided. Residents may do so in the back yard or side yard area that is not also part of the front yard.
- All bins must be placed at the location prescribed in this section no later than 7:00 a.m. on the day of scheduled collection and removed to the side yard or back yard prior to 7:00pm on such day.
To View These And Other Items Included In Our City Ordinance, Click Here.